Fragrance has always been a way for me to remember places and events in my past. ... cloudy incense burning inside buddhist temples in Hong Kong as a child, the azure blue salty ocean in Grand Cayman, the clean crisp pine in the Berkshires, gingerbread cookies-the fragrance of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves , Debi Mazar sauntering in to my studio a heady cloud of tuberose-y Fracas trailing her, my mother's exotic genie like Shalimar...What do you remember?

16 comments:
I think of a chocolate shop while I'm on vacation at the Biltmore Estate. The scent of sugar and chocolates and the taste of wine from the winery.
I remember patchouli scents from my childhood when my parents were hippies...lol.
And the scent of wisteria and honeysuckle while playing outside.
Sandalwood always takes me back to high school...that was my signature scent then.
Lavender reminds me of being pregnant, as that was soothing to me then.
I'm sending an etsy convo about a sample of your new fragrance...I love rose notes.
Actually I really like chocolate and patchouli together. One of those wierd combos that works.
last days of summer vacation, driving fast with the windows rolled down...and the scent of honeysuckle, ozone and old leather car upholstery
i'll be convoing you at etsy, too!
I remember when I was about 13 all the boys were wearing Drakkar Noir. The scent is so distinct, it reminds me of teenage angst and first loves :)
I love the smell of autumn, the crisp air, the warm cup of mulled apple cider, pumpkin pie, mmmm
Frech cut grass sends me back to my summer days in Florida...Lavender also reminds me of all 3 of my pregancies. I also love Honeysuckle and Lilly's in the Spring... My number one favorite sent is anything related to the beach! I am going to have to sample your "Sarong" also! Thanks! Convo is on the way!
I love the scent of rain and anything fresh with lemon and citrus undertones. I also really enjoy a soft rose and gardenia scent.
I really love the scent of rain and anything with rose and gardenia. so soft and summery. Very fresh.
I love the scent of rain and anything with rose or gardenia. It always reminds me of the time when spring is just about to give way to summer.
I love the scents of orange and spice for Christmas, lavendar reminds me of a dear friend who introduced me to aromatherapy, fresh cut grass on my grandparents' thick lawn when I was a child, and books at the half-price bookstore. I'm covoi'ing you at etsy - I'd love to sample the Love Letter fragrance!
Growing up I was surrounded by the women of my family in Samsara and Obsession- mature, sexy, knowing. My gramps was a Grey Flannel guy- masculine and classic. For the high school boys around my way it was Cool Water or Polo Sport- the scents of trying too hard! Me, I went through phases- True Love and Sunflowers in high school- naive. D&G Feminine, Hanae Mori and Lolita Lempika since. I'm obsessed with scents and would love to try your Love Letter fragrance! I'll convo you at etsy.
My Mom wears "Romance" by Ralph Lauren...
I remember one day I was having a *REALLY* bad day at work I just wanted to scream. A visitor came in to see their family member (I work in a nursing home) & they were wearing 'Romance', I instantly thought of my Mom. For that moment, I forgot about the terrible day I was having, a smile came on my face & I felt happy.
Great idea for a topic!
This might sound really odd but I love the smell of mothballs! It reminds me of visiting my grandparents house as a small child and walking in the door to get lots of hugs and kisses while getting a strong whiff of those old mothballs.
Every time I smell the beach I'm transformed to another place! The sea, the salt air - I'm instantly relaxed and brought back to the lazy days of summer!
Hiya,
I'm Christi239 from Etsy.
Scent reminds me of so many things! Spicy pumpkin with a buttery crust reminds me of family and tradition. Baby powder takes me to the innocent smiles of my toddler.
Post a Comment